Monday, April 6, 2009

Boys will be boys...Part 2!



Aidan got BIT at school today!!! He was on a "buggy ride" with the older class that they are transitioning him into, and he was hitting a little girl in the head. So...his teacher moved his seat in the buggy. (Yes, my 14 month old had his seat moved in the buggy. Does his teacher-mama proud you know?!?) As they strolled throughout the science lab, each child got a toy dinosaur to hold. Unfortunately Aidan wanted another child's dinosaur and took it from him. The little boy got mad and BIT him!

I tried to play cool and stay calm as his new teacher told me the situation when I went to pick him up. Lord only knows roles will be reversed one day and Aidan will be doing the biting. I got so tickled as I heard my parents reactions...

Nana- "Aidan, you can't take other kid's toys. I know that it hurt when he bit you and am proud that you didn't bite back."

Papa Lou-"Aidan, next time you just bite him back!"

I had total flashbacks at the dinner table when I was little with how my parents told Anthony and I to react to situations...of course, this time Papa Lou was kidding! Oh the joys of parenting a toddler!

1 comment:

The Ward Family said...

whoah! what a day .... poor guy :( don't worry Aidan, Georgia won't bite you - she can't even walk so I don't think biting will be anytime soon either! ha ha !