Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I look at the above picture and get overcome with emotion. This walkway is full of so many memories; some full of joy and some full of sadness and pain...this is the walkway I walked through on my wedding day when a life full of happiness was just beginning. This is the walkway I said goodbye to my Nana for the last time. This is the walkway I held my little bundle of joy on his Baptism Day when we dedicated him to the Lord. This is the walkway we took pictures by the flowers for Aidan's first Easter as a family...a mother, a father, and a little boy...and now this is the walkway I am bringing my 3 year-old to place a flower on his Great Nana's memorial for Mother's Day...lots of memories; some full of joy and some full of sadness...



Oh how I wish that my Nana could have met my Aidan...she is so much of who I am today. My childhood and life were filled with so much joy because of that AMAZING woman. So we honored her today, for this is who my AMAZING mom learned exactly how to be that way...




And my goodness...what can I say about this wonderful woman that I'm lucky enough to call mom that would even do her justice?!? Mom, I LOVE YOU more than you will ever know. Thank you for loving me even when I'm hard to love. What an amazing example of Christ you are in my life. "My cup runneth over..."



I'm thankful each and every day for the awesome gift of motherhood...it truly is the most challenging yet most rewarding job. There is a lot of responsibility in raising a child the right way. There are days as a single mom that I wonder if I'm going to make it through the day, and it's in the quiet moments at night that I'm snuggling with Aidan as he whispers "I love you, mommy" before he drifts off to sleep that I'm reminded that I can.


Aidan,


You truly are a gift, my world, my everything...I pray that you know how very thankful I am for you. You are so full of spunk and life and yet have the sweetest heart. May you continue to have a heart for the Lord and share that love with others. I am proud to be called your Mommy!







Nana's present from us




My two new charms from Aidan and Mom...a little boy and one that says mommy




I also got a carwash from Anthony, yes, my brother...on Mother's Day...just because he has an amazing heart and thinks about the little things that might make a big difference. Anthony, you will never know how much the little things mean to me. Mom, such a job well done with him!

1 comment:

The Four Nguyens said...

You are right where He wants you to be, Ashley. And you're doing it -- the right way. Loved your post. :)