Today had the potential to be a really hard day...but I made the choice to be thankful...Throughout the day as my mind drifted to thoughts of what should have been, what could have been, and what used to be, I clung to the things in my life that I am thankful for. There are just SO many things for me to be thankful for...
I'm thankful for my AMAZING family who loves me unconditionally. I can't imagine going through life's difficulties without them and know that I don't tell them enough how thankful I am for them and all that they do for me. I LOVE you guys more than you can imagine!
I'm thankful for my precious son. For he truly is an amazing gift that came out of this day that began 8 years ago. He is my joy. He is my happiness. He is a gift that keeps giving. He is a reminder that God is good. I LOVE you, Aidan!
I'm thankful that God brings us through valleys so that we can solely trust Him. It is in these valleys that we have no other place to look but up. He has taught me so much over the past 2 years. I am thankful for the woman he is molding me into and know that He only wants good for His children. Thank you, Lord for breaking me and drawing me to You!
As I got ready to walk into school this morning I read from my book, Calling Jesus. Today's message was SO perfect for today...
" A yielded heart does not whine or rebel when the going gets rough. It musters the courage to thank Me even during hard times. Yielding yourself to My will is ultimately an act of trust. In quietness and trust is your strength."
So here's to new chapters...new memories...what's to come...and the amazing reveal of God's plan for my life. Today I am thankful...
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, ASh, How I stand amazed at the power of God in your Life. He makes NO MIstakes. Trust HIM with all your heart and HE will make your path straight. One day we will reflect on these hard years and we will finally understand God's plan for your Life. Cling to Him in all your circumstances and HE will NEVER depart from you!!!!
GREAT post, Ashley!!
Post a Comment