
My mom made each and every birthday special for Anthony and I as a child (and STILL does!). That is one thing I want to pass on to Aidan. So...why not celebrate 1/2 birthdays when he's little? Today we celebrated his 18 month day. We ate dinner at Nana and Papa Lou's house and sang to Aidan. He LOVED the attention, singing, and blowing out the candle on the cupcakes, but still does not eat sweets. Really buddy?!? I mean, as a mom I guess that's a great thing, but as YOUR mom I just can't relate! :)
I am amazed at how quickly time is flying before my eyes. I continue to be surprised daily by what Aidan knows and how much he is growing into his own little personality. He has become quite the verbal little boy. I love sitting back and just watching him play and listen to what he is jabbering. I love his snuggles and his smooches and the way he smells after his bath. I love the way his blonde hair curls after a nap because he gets hot and sweaty. I love that he is 110% BOY. I love the way he makes animal noises and says "Babee Jeeez" when seeing Jesus in the manger in his children's Bible. I love his passion and fire for life. I love the way he folds his hands and says "Amen" after we say his prayers at night. I love how he says, "No mam!" when he doesn't want something. I love his courage and fearlessness. I love how he rats out Riley when he gets bitten at school. I love when he tucks his hands under his tummy and sticks his bottom in the air when he goes to sleep. I love how he sticks his belly out when he runs. I could go on and on about ALL the things I love about my sweet boy.
What an unbelievable gift motherhood is...thank you LORD for such an amazing gift! I love you Aidan!!!






3 comments:
So cute!!!
he is seriously TOO CUTE! happy 18 months, Aidan!!
Wow! Our Bubsy is growing up way too fast! We must savor every moment we can because "Just Blink" and he will be in Kindergarten. We Love you All the way to Great Nana and Jesus. You are the JOY in our old age. Love Nana and Papa Lou
Post a Comment